Infant Program – Wiggly Worms
Our infant program “Wiggly Worms” includes:
- Tummy time: Focusing on colors and shapes on mats which encourage children to reach and roll over.
- Sitting up in a Bumbo to develop head and neck control.
- Laying on child’s back while reaching up for a toy to encourage good posture and gross motor skills.
- Stand up/push toys to encourage leg muscle development and walking.
- Tunnel play to encourage crawling.
- Each week the teachers in the classroom make the curriculum. Themes include but are not limited to Farm, Shapes, Colors, Weather, Baby Animals, Seasons, etc.
- Each morning the teachers make an art project with the children (hand prints, footprints, painting).
Meet Our Teachers In The Infant Program – Wiggly Worms: Ages 6 Weeks to 16 Months
Mrs. Sarada is one of our Lead Teachers in the Wiggly Worms room. She has been with Happy Faces since 2010, and comes to us with 13 years of pre-school experience. Mrs. Sarada has worked with all ages, including both infants and pre-k children. She has a B.S. in Child Development and Nutrition with a Minor in Psychology. Mrs. Sarada is a friendly teacher who shows compassion and fosters excellent communication with parents, teachers, and children. She is very organized and is able to lead her classroom effectively. On the weekends Mrs. Sarada loves spending time with her two sons and she also loves to go shopping.
Mrs. Shamama is a Lead Teacher in our Wiggly Worms classroom. Shamama was born in Armenia where she obtained her degree as an English teacher. She was a Senior Lecturer at the Department of Cultural Linguistics until moving to the United States in 2014. Shamama enjoys spending time with her 3 children and 7 grandchildren.
Ms. Ellen is an Assistant Teacher in our Wiggly Worms classroom. She has four children of her own and has been working in child care for 25 years. Ms. Ellen loves working with all ages and in her free time she enjoys exercising and baking.
*All of our Wiggly Worms teachers are CPR & First Aid Certified. Mrs. Sarada is MAT certified.
What parents have to say about this program:
Very happy with Happy Faces. My son has been going to Happy Faces since he is 3 months old and I am very satisfied. He runs in every morning and does not look back. The couple of times I have made suggestions, they were seriously considered and implemented. They put a lot of work into the cleanliness of the facilities. I go to work every day and feel comfortable that my son is safe and taken care of. We have just moved our two-year old to a different (closer) school, but still enthusiastically recommend Happy Faces. Our son was a part-timer, but still enjoyed the full and affectionate attention of staff in a warm and supportive environment. Staff was exceptionally flexible with us about accommodating our schedule and working with us to transition him from the one- into the two-year old group. He had an extremely positive experience and made many friends. Happy Faces never had anything but my full confidence that he would be in safe and caring hands.